About Me

Jim Killebrew has 40 years of clinical psychological work for people with intellectual disabilities, and experience teaching, administration, consulting, writing with multiple publications. Dr. Killebrew has attended four Universities and received advanced degrees. Southern Illinois University; Ph.D., Educational Psychology; University of Illinois at Springfield, Counseling Education; M.A., Human Development Counseling; Northeastern Oklahoma State University, B.A., Psychology and Sociology. Dr. Killebrew attended Lincoln Christian Seminary (Now Lincoln Christian University). Writing contributions have been accepted and published in several journals: Hospital & Community Psychiatry, The Lookout, and Christian Standard (multiple articles). He may be reached at Killebrewjb@aol.com.

Welcome to my Opinion Pages

Thanks for stopping by and reading some of my thoughts. I hope you will find an enjoyable adventure here on my pages.



The articles are only my opinion and are never meant to hurt anyone nor to downgrade any other person's ideas or opinions.



Scroll through the page and stop to read any of the articles you wish. If you like what you see leave a comment, then tell someone where they can find this site. If you don't like what you read then leave a comment reflecting your thoughts and I will read them when I visit the site from time to time.



Thanks again for stopping by.





Thursday, May 19, 2011

One in Christ


When we look at the seventeenth chapter of John in the New Testament we see a prayer that Jesus prayed.  The prayer is so intimate as He involves Himself with His Father in Heaven and asks that He might be glorified and allowed to give eternal life to all who are in Him.  Jesus prays for His Disciples as well; but not only them, for each of us who have committed ourselves to Him as well.
Picking up with verse twenty in chapter seventeen, Jesus says, "I am not praying only on their [His Disciples] behalf, but also on behalf of those who believe in me through their testimony, 17:21 that they will all be one, just as you, Father, are in me and I am in you. I pray that they will be in us, so that the world will believe that you sent me. 17:22 The glory you gave to me I have given to them, that they may be one just as we are one – 17:23 I in them and you in me – that they may be completely one, so that the world will know that you sent me, and you have loved them just as you have loved me."  (John 17:20-23)
Imagine, Jesus was actually praying for us.  He looked from His vantage point from the Alpha to the Omega, the Beginning to the End, and saw us who needed redemption, atonement and justification.  Through the testimony for the first Disciples and their position of being in Jesus Who was in His Father, we believe, and because of it have been given the glory the Father gave the Son, so we can be one with the Father and the Son.
With the shed blood of Jesus wrapped around us who believe, it hides our nakedness in much the same way as the animal skins hid the nakedness of Adam and Eve.  Our sin is hidden from God because He chooses to offer His Grace and forgiveness because of what the Son has done once, for all, on the cross.  Finally, through His work we are loved by the Father just as He loved the Son.


No comments: